Monday, November 2, 2009

Happiness : )

Lately, things have been going wonderfully for me. This past weekend I went on my weekend getaway. I drove to San Luis Obispo on Friday with my boyfriend and a few of our friends and spent the night there, then on Saturday we drove to Santa Barbara. First of all, the downtown shopping is amazing! Although I really didn't buy anything but two beautiful rings, I absolutely loved it. On Halloween night, we went to Isla Vista. I really do not know what all the hype is about that place. I'm glad I went to experience the whole So Cal thing myself, but seriously people get drunk and walk down the street. . . why? I came back home on Sunday and it definitely felt good. As fun as trips and vacations are, I always love coming back home to my own place. Today, I went in for an interview at Nordstroms. I absolutely love that store as a customer, so I figured I would apply for a job (at least seasonal). I do not want to work in retail year round. Unfortunately, I have been looking to be a receptionist or assistant to a receptionist or lawyer or something in a law firm but have not found anything fit for me on Craig's List or by word of mouth. Every post I see either requires a Bachelor's degree, full-time, or specific hours that I could not do because I will be at school. Therefore, I have decided that I will not mind working retail but continuing my search for the job I want at a law firm to at least expose me to that type of environment. I know I did so well on the interview today. One of the two managers I met with told me to expect a call from HR soon because she wanted me to work in her department. This is a little exciting because 1) I will have a source of extra income, and 2) I will get a discount at my favorite store. I just have to be careful to save and not spend everything I make. I can do it though!

Vocab Words:
stymie (noun): a situation or problem presenting such difficulties as to discourage or defeat any attempt to deal with or resolve it.
accretions (noun): an increase by natural growth or by gradual external addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment