Friday, October 23, 2009

TOTALED CAR!! : (

I have always been known to have bad luck. All week long I had been planning to spend my Friday at the King library, working on my second 100W paper. This morning I woke up to a cat's non-stop meowing. I opened my window and saw a little gray and white cat suck on the ledge outside my window. I was able to locate the cat's (Scuddle) home number and gave his mother a call. My dad came home from work to help get the cat down safely and return him home. While it felt good to rescue the little cat, it delayed my study plans. I was eating breakfast when my younger sister called me. I answered my phone but I could not hear anything she was saying and she could not hear anything i was saying. I called her with my home phone and she said she wanted to come with me. I waited about five minutes for her to get home, we took my dog on a walk, then wen to get coffee. At Starbucks, the barista made me the wrong drink, so she re-made the one I had actually ordered but still gave us the extra drink. We decided to take it to my mother, since she works down the street. This delayed my plans once again. After dropping off the coffee, we were finally on our way to school. I drove onto 85S then 87N. I was driving in the middle lane of a three-lane freeway. Just a mile and a half before our exit, I noticed a small, crappy, black car to my right was merging into my lane without using his signal. I honked my horn but he continued to drive towards my car. In an attempt to prevent an accident, I tried turning my wheel to the left but this made my old '98 VW Beetle go haywire! I spun around once, hit the cement center divide, spun around again, hit the center divide once more, spun halfway around and finally stopped horizontal to the traffic coming on the freeway. I was in shock at first, seeing the low-life that caused my accident drive right off. I was also surprised that my airbags did not come out. The coffee my sister and I got before hand spilled EVERYWHERE: my hair, my face, the ceiling of the car, seats, and windows. The whole front end of my car was smashed in, the front headlight was hanging on by one wire, liquid was spilling out from the front end, and smoke was coming out of my hood. I was SO angry! Luckily I did not hit any other car, another car did not hit me, and most importantly my sister and I were okay. Someone stopped behind me and called the police. My phone was not working, and my sister's was dead, so I was so thankful when the man that had stopped let me use his phone to call my dad. My dad arrived at the scene, and we had to get my car towed. Now I am car-less while my little bug is sits in an auto shop. I know it is totaled, which is terrible because I do not know when I'll get a new car. I'm positive the guy that caused this accident looked in his rear-view mirror and saw my car uncontrollably spinning around. I hope he doesn't sleep tonight, knowing he caused such a bad accident. My day has since been filled with contacting the insurance company and soon going to get a rental car. I am in no mood to do homework now, and feel like my day has been completely wasted! : (

VOCAB:
vehement (adj): characterized by anger, strongly emotional
peremtory (adj): positive or assertive in speech, tone, or manner

No comments:

Post a Comment