Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving

I have been looking very forward to Thanksgiving for a number of reasons. First, my older sister will be home for the holiday. Second, I will have a break from school and work - at least for two days. Last, I will be able to see my boyfriend's family that I have not seen in a while. The one downside, and it is a big one, is that my mother is having foot surgery the day before Thanksgiving : ( The only reason she scheduled her surgery before Thanksgiving is that she is a teacher. This way she will have a few extra days off work, without having to actually miss work. My sisters and I will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my house, then I will be going to my boyfriend's uncles' house later in the evening. I do not think my mother will even have much of an appetite, so our dinner will be somewhat smaller than past years. Also, the night before Thanksgiving is supposed to be a very popular night to go out on. I am assuming this is because everyone is home for the holiday, and friends get together to go out. I want to see all my friends that are coming home and I know everyone will want to get together, but there is one person that I have had a fall out with right before he left for school in August. This is my friend, or ex-friend, Drew, whom I have not spoken to in about 3 months. I saw him once on Halloween and tried talking to him, but he decided to be immature and completely ignore me. The story of what happened between us two is long, but he was in the wrong as many others and I claim. He will not apologize to me and I, of course, will not apologize for anything because I did nothing wrong. He simply stirred up commotion while my friends and I were out one night, and the issue has remained unresolved. I thought that time would heal the drift that has occurred between the two of us, but judging from Halloween, I am assuming this to be wrong. I am not looking forward to seeing him on Thanksgiving. To top it all off, he is now dating my old best friend from high school. She has changed SO much, that I no longer consider her my friend. I think this makes the situation with me and Drew worse. Drew and his girlfriend have a sad relationship, based on drinking, partying, and sex. I am a mature person, who believes I have a good family and boyfriend. I am going somewhere in my life and I do not need to associate with people like the two of them; therefore, I am not looking forward to seeing how my pre-Thanksgiving awkwardness will unfold.

Vocal Words:
Dumbledor (noun): a bumblebee
Bant (verb): to lose weight, diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment