Friday, November 6, 2009

EXCITED : )

I got the job at Nordstroms! Yaay : ) I am excited to be a working woman making some money, once again! I attended an open interview last Monday for Nordstroms and interviewed with two hiring managers. Both managers expressed that they liked me and thought I would be great for the job. One of the managers I interviewed with manages a department I wanted to work in more, but her position was seasonal. The other manager manages in a department which attracts a little bit older women and her position was permanent. I was torn on which position I would want more, because either I would be temporary and work in a department I liked more or I would be permanent and work in a department I liked a little less. Of course, I had decided that I would take either job, because the first manager told me it would be easy to keep my job if I worked hard and made my sales goals. The first manager just called me and offered me the seasonal position in the Point of View department! I gladly accepted, and I start work tomorrow! I will have to get back into the swing of working and going to school at the same time. I was actually planning on starting my 100W paper 5 tomorrow, but I will be training from 9am-5pm, and I'm sure I will be exhausted by the time I get off. My new manager, Brittany, said that I could stop by the department and pick up my schedule tomorrow after training. I am excited and scared to see how much I will be scheduled. I like to believe I am a hard worker and very organized so I know I can balance this job along with the many other things I do. Nordstroms is a commission-based store so I am hoping to sell a lot, hence make a lot of money! I can't wait to see how this journey goes. I hope I like it as much as I'm making myself think I will. . . : )

Vocab Words:
secularism (noun): a system of political or social philosophy that rejects all forms of religious faith and worship.
monarchy (noun): supreme power or sovereignty held by one single person.

No comments:

Post a Comment