Friday, October 9, 2009

Animals

I am such an animal person! I find animals to be such helpless creatures and I think that no animal should ever have to go hungry or homeless. Animals cannot communicate their true feelings, wants, and needs to people. They just have to go with the flow, even if they are in a situation that is unhealthy. The other day I was driving home from school, and while getting off the freeway I saw a homeless man asking for money. With him, was a poor little dog. My heart broke, for this dog is forced to live with a homeless person, standing in the daytime heat waiting for money and sleeping through cold nights on the street. I just wanted to steal the dog and give him a better home! I felt more for the animal than for the guy because animals cannot talk to humans and we would never know if the dog is suffering and wishing he were somewhere else, although I am sure he was!! I have two animals: a dog, and a cat. I know my animals are so lucky to have the home they do. My animals are always fed, always have water, and are constantly loved by everyone in my family. My family sometimes give the animals more privileges and freedoms that we have. My cat pretty much sleeps wherever she wants, and my dog is often treated to good home-cooked food. I am thankful to have the animals that I have because they bring so much happiness to my family. I wish all animals would have the loving home they needed. Whether the home may be with a human family or out in the wilderness to roam freely.

Vocab Words:
marauding (adj): engaged in raiding for plunder.
compendium (noun): a summary, epitome, or abridgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment