Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jobless. . .

I have always had a job while going to school. In the past few years, I have worked at the following places: two private schools, running an after-school program; a hair salon, working as a receptionist. I was able to keep a steady job for the past few years, until recently when I was cut from the after-school program I most recently worked at. My parents do not push me to have a job, but I like making my own money to spend on extra things that I want. Of course, after losing my job, my mother told me not to look for another one and just enjoy school and my free time. At first I was okay with this. Slowly, I found that I would sometimes get bored after school, or that I would procrastinate doing things. I feel I work much better when I am on a strict schedule. I like when I have to plan my day and cram everything in, rather than go to school, come home, relax, and do homework when I feel like it. I have also noticed that I tend to get headaches more often. I feel this is partly from the more time I have to sleep in on weekends, and partly from the more time I have to do my online shopping! I am truly a person that needs to have multiple things going on. Knowing this, recently I have been looking for a job. Although I have not been looking too hard, I know that I really need to step up my game. I recently applied for a receptionist position at a massage clinic but did not get a call back. I feel I have a lot of experience in various areas that could be beneficial to any job, which is why I do not know why someone would not want to hire me. I know it is always good to follow-up and give the employer a call, so I am planning on doing that sometime this week. I am also going to fill out an application for Nordstroms. This is my favorite store. I know it will be hard to work at Nordstroms and save my money at the same time, but I love the environment. I think working at Nordstroms will be a very fun place to be at during the holiday season, because I enjoy holiday decorations and helping people shop for gifts. While my savings money will last me a little longer, I hope to find a job soon. I would love to find a job now that I can keep throughout Winter Break!

Vocab Words:
1) obfuscate (verb): to make obscure or unclear
2) idolatry (noun): the religious warship of idols

No comments:

Post a Comment