Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween

Last year, I did not do much for Halloween. I stayed in with my boyfriend and my sister, handing out candy to the little trick or treaters. For this reason, I want to make this Halloween all the more exciting. Like most other people, I have never been to Santa Barbara, but this may be the special year! I have a friend who just moved down to Santa Barbara for school, and he has invited everyone from San Jose to go down for Halloween. Although the invite is very nice, and I would be with all of my friends there; my first choice would be to stay at a hotel. This is just because I think my friend's house will be a mess with people all over, nowhere to sleep, and waiting for the shower and bathroom to get ready. Currently, my boyfriend, two friends, and I are on the search to find a good, cheap hotel in Santa Barbara to stay at for Halloween night. Usually people going down South for Halloween book their hotel room way in advance. Our plans are a little last minute, so I'm hoping to find something we are looking for. I think it would be a very fun time, and an experience that everyone needs to have at least once during their college career : ) If we go down to Santa Barbara, I think we are planning on going downtown to the bars, since my friends and I are all at least 21 years young. As for a Halloween costume, I think I am pretty set on that. I my boyfriend and I to have matching costumes, and for us to be milk and cookies. Now this is not going to be a full-on milk carton and cookie costume, it will be much more stylish! I'm planning on making our costumes, because I think they always come out better. This will ensure that nobody else will have a costume that looks like mine, seeing as it will come straight from my imagination! I hope our trip works out and that it is a lot of fun. The one thing I'll worry about while away is homework! I will just have to slave away and get as much done as possible, before Halloween weekend. . .

Vocab Words:
explicate (verb): to make plain or clear
concomitant (adj): concurrent, existing or occurring with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment