Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Birthday!

Last Thursday was my 22nd birthday! I had a good birthday, but it seemed to just fly by. I went to school for my two classes on Thursday. After school, I met my two sisters for lunch at the Olive Garden. . . I LOVE their soup, salad, and breadsticks! Lunch was yummy! I then went home and got some rest, knowing I was planning on being out late that night. Soon I began getting ready. My mom, dad, sisters, boyfriend and I then went to dinner at the Cheesecake factory. I chose this location because it has such a large menu that I figured there was a dish to match anyone's appetite. After dinner, my boyfriend, sister, and I met up with my friends to go out. My sister drove and less than a minute after we got into the car, she was pulled over for only having her parking lights on and not her headlights. I know she would have realized her big headlights were not on if she drove just a little longer. Anyways, this put her in a bad mood and it was definitely evident in her attitude.
We go to the bar we planned on going to in Los Gatos, called 180, and it was absolutely DEAD! This was a bummer, because although I was with my friends it is more fun to go out and have other people there too. We decided to change our plans and go to a different location in downtown Campbell. This bar we went to is called "The Spot" and it was much more lively than the first. We stayed here for the rest of the night.
Overall, I would say my birthday was a success but I did not feel like I did anything extra special. This was the first year I felt like my birthday was not as fun as it was when I was younger. I have already decided that next year, seeing as my birthday will be on a Friday and I will be turning 23, I am going to go on a weekend getaway with my boyfriend. I think it will feel different, special, and be a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I have to wait another year for it!

Vocab Words:
Vicisssitude (noun): a change or variation occurring in the course of something.
Polity (noun): a state or other organized community or body.

No comments:

Post a Comment