Wednesday, September 9, 2009

movies

I love watching a good movie. Although the movie may be good, I tend to fall asleep often when watching movies at home, at night. If my boyfriend and I rent a movie from Blockbuster, it is a must that we stop by Starbucks. Even then, I can sometimes fall asleep. I did, however, watch a movie the other night where I could not even lay down. The movie was very exciting from start to finish. The movie we rented was "Taken." (I do not know how to underline on this thing)
Taken was about a girl who went to France with one other girlfriend for the Summer. The girl's dad was a retired bodyguard, I believe for the President. The day the girls arrived in France, they were kidnapped by a group of guys who were known to kidnap young traveling women, drug them up, and turn them into prostitutes. As the girl was on the phone with her dad to inform him she had arrived, through the window, she saw the men in the house taking her friend. They soon came for her, but the father had heard some evidence through the phone to help him locate who one of the individuals was. He flies to France and the remainder of the movie is his journey to find his daughter and her friend.
I found this movie to be very interesting and entertaining. The movie brought some of the stories I have heard on television shows about girls who are taken while vacationing and never seen again. I think this movie probably helped parents and young teen girls more aware of the real dangers that can face them when vacationing. With the popular "senior graduation trip," girls and people traveling alone need to be aware of the possibilities they face when traveling to unfamiliar areas.
I enjoyed this movie thoroughly and was very proud that I stayed awake for the entire time! This was probably because it was only an hour and a half : ) but it was still an accomplishment for me.

Vocab Words:
1) Chastise (verb): to discipline or criticize.
2) Infidel (noun): a person that does not accept a particular faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment